Poll

Best Studio Ghibli movie?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

What is the best use of summer vacation?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Piggy’s BBQ creates inviting atmosphere

For the first edition of “Tastes With Tyler” I tried Piggy’s BBQ in Plainfield. This was my first time eating there, and I was not disappointed.
The initial service is warm and welcoming. The atmosphere is also inviting with music playing and dimmed lighting. On Friday nights there is karaoke at 8 p.m. I believe that would have boosted the atmosphere further.
The food was exceptional as well. First, I tried the beef brisket. Pieces of the cut were a bit dry; however, that was made up for with the fattier pieces and the flavorful bark.
The mac and cheese was also very good. It was very cheesy and packed with a punch of flavor.
The fried shrimp at Piggy’s is one of the best I have had. It had a crispy batter that was very flavorful but not too thick, so the shrimp still shines.
The best menu item is the smoked chicken wings. They are smoked and then fried. :very tasty with an excellent spice rub. It had a small kick and made me want more. The mild BBQ sauce for the wings complimented them well. It had a classic BBQ taste but it did not power over the flavor of the wings.
On the downside, the wait time was not the best. It took 33 minutes for the food to arrive. Also, compared to other BBQ places in Plainfield like Station One Smokehouse, Piggy’s is a little lower down on the list, due to the long wait time and lower quality of food. The dryness of the brisket and the lack of different BBQ sauces make Piggy’s less desirable. But Piggy’s is still a good option for BBQ in Plainfield.
Overall, Piggy’s was an experience with some good food. On the flip side, some food left a little to be desired. The wait time also reflects negatively on Piggy’s. But those negatives are made up for with the excellent service in other parts of the restaurant.
I would recommend Piggy’s to those looking for a BBQ fix and I would definitely recommend the smoked wings and fried shrimp. I give Piggy’s 3.5 out of 5 stars