Poll

Best Studio Ghibli movie?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

What are your two favorite parts of homecoming?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Brutal holiday horror film thrills

‘Thanksgiving’ is a holiday horror movie. The film is a thrilling, suspenseful movie directed by Eli Roth who’s produced quite a few popular horror films. The plot focuses on a mysterious killer terrorizing town Plymouth Massachusetts after a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy.
Jessica (Nell Verlaque) is the daughter of Thomas Wright (Rick Hoffman), the owner of the store where the riot took place. Her friend group is terrorized by the mysterious killer after being present during the Black Friday riot.
The maniac killer wears a John Carver mask to keep his identity hidden and because everyone in the town wears one for the Thanksgiving festivities such as the parade.
Although the friend group of teens have to be aware of their surroundings because the mysterious killer is after them, there are multiple budding romances. Jessica finally gives Ryan a chance, after her previous boyfriend Bobby runs out of town after the Black Friday tragedy; however, there is a sense of nostalgia when Bobby comes back to town and reconnects with Jessica.
The movie lived up to the expectations created by the trailer. it was just like the movie; there wasn’t necessarily any editing in the trailer to over dramatize the movie. The multiple jump scares and the killings were brutal. The characters for this movie were chosen wisely and helped create suspense, humor, and mystery.
There aren’t too many corny moments but even with them the movie still stays on plot. Most horror movies have been failing at being able to include that romantic, cheesy aspect but also staying on track on the horror plot, but this film did not fail at that. This movie has instantly become a seasonal must watch for me.
I recommend ‘Thanksgiving’ to anyone who loves horror movies, and is not too disgusted by gore. The film has some similarity to ‘Scream 6’ and Christmas horror movie ‘Krampus’ Overall I give the movie five out of five stars. It was a “M&M dropping experience”.