Club News

Student Council
The club meets every other Thursday at 2:30 p.m. in room 200. Thanksgiving basket drive for needy families will be the only activity until after Thanksgiving break.

BioExplorations Club
This club involves hiking, camping and anything outdoors! It is year round every other Tuesday in room 2503 after school. The club has a
Christmas party Dec. 4 and a Starved Rock
winter hike on Jan. 26.

Orchesis
The school’s only co-ed dance group is open to freshman through seniors who want to preform many different styles of dance. There will be an informational meeting Nov. 13 in the dance room. If interested, email Ms. Taylor at
[email protected]

Spanish Club/Honors Society
Open to any student interested in learning more about Latino culture. Come enjoy the next meeting on Nov. 29 for “Latino same day” with prizes in room 1201 after school.

German Club
German Club is creating mindfulness jars and learning about how Germans use mindfulness and meditation. If there is interest, next meeting is Nov. 24 in room 1310.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes
All students are welcome. Students are not
required to be in a sport. There is a Feed my Starving Children event from 7- 10 p.m. Sign up online at fmsc.org with the code “zpop9v”. All info will be on the site.

NHS
The National Honors Society will be holding a general member meeting on Nov. 13 in the main cafeteria from 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.. If you are unable to attend, give a written reason and pay $1 to Ms. Flemming or Mrs. Walker.

Wildcat Ambassador Club
To all students: Come to any home game even if you are coming by yourself because the game crew is a group of students who are there to make you feel welcome! This club takes place at any outside school social event.

Speech Team
Students interested in speaking on specific
topics going on in the world should think about Speech Team. Meetings will happen every
Monday after school in room 2308.

ASL Club
All are welcome to join and learn. Meetings
are every other Monday from 2:20-3 p.m. in room 209. See the board outside room 209 for more
information.

Drama Club
Everyone is welcome to join the drama club. If a student has any interest in the club, they should go watch the play “Clue” or go to the “who did it” event Nov. 15-18. Show times are 7:30 p.m. except on Sunday it starts at 2 p.m.

French Club
Anyone interested in French language and culture should seek this club. There will be a “Frenchgiving” event on Nov. 19 in room 1322.

Wildcats’ Care Club
Anybody who wants to be involved in events such as raising money for pediatric cancer, can attend the next meeting on Nov. 12 after school in room 1320.

Step Team
Anyone who is interested in learning a new dance can join Step Team. It is a unique dance with beats and rhythms! The club takes place in room B20 on Mondays and Fridays from 2:25-3:45 p.m.

Scholastic Bowl
For anyone interested in joining scholastic bowl, meetings will occur every Thursday from 2:15-3:15 p.m. in room 2321. The team is
preparing for a
competition Nov. 11 at Plainfield South High.

Math Team
Anyone who enjoys competition, challenges, and math should consider Math Team.The team practices weekly on Mondays after school in room 302.

National Art Honors Society
NAHS is looking for ways to contribute artistically to the school and the community. The meetings will take place after school on every Thursday in room 1202. Students will be looking at future t-shirt designs and fundraisers.

Green & White Review
Green and White Review is open to all writers, artists, and photographers. This club will meet right after school in room 1412 on Nov. 12. There will be a writing roundtable for sharing and
critiquing pieces for anyone interested.

GSA
GSA is for all students who support the rights of LGBT individuals. Meetings will be every other Thursday in room 1614.

Art Club
Everyone is welcome to join the Art Club in which many different mediums of art will be explored. Meetings will be every other Thursday for the entire year in room 1105 after school until 3:15 p.m.

The AACC seeks to promote and educate
students about Asian culture. Everyone is
welcome. Meetings will be the second and fourth Monday of every month in room 1103.

Chess Club

Open to any students interested in playing competitive chess. Practice is every Tuesday and Thursday in the media center from 2:20 p.m.until 4 p.m.