Poll

Best New York Times game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

Have you ever seen two pretty best friends?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

‘Mamma Mia!’ cast prepares to take stage

Natalie Adelmann
Junior Kayla Jones, senior Reese Boekeloo, and junior Kiara Boateng play the Dynamos is Mamma Mia!

The cast and crew of this year’s spring musical have been hard at work preparing “Mamma Mia!” for the big stage. This musical is expected to have a large turnout this year, so the pressure is on to make the production as impressive as possible. The show is on April 12, 13, and 14, and incorporates a lot of music from famous musical group, ABBA, so it is sure to contribute to the party-like atmosphere.
Nathan Rancatore, Spring Musical Director, is excited to be able to finally put on “Mamma Mia!”, because it is unlike any show he has directed before.
“The really fun part about being a director is giving the students this medium as a way to express themselves,” Rancatore said.
Donna, a hotel owner in Greece, is preparing for her daughter Sophie’s wedding with the help of her two friends. Sophie has a plan to invite three men from her mom’s past in order to figure out who her real dad is, so whoever it is can escort her down the aisle on her big day.
In order to put on a show that lives up to the name, “Mamma Mia!, the cast have to constantly be on their toes and be ready to adapt and give out ideas at any moment.
“We all collaborate and pitch in little ideas. We take opinions from everybody,” Lauren Zigmant, junior, said.
It is evident that the students involved are committed to their audience. However, it’s not all work, the musical also helps the students involved to get to know one another better and establish life-long friendships.
“My favorite part of the musical is the connections you make with everyone. Getting to know each other more makes our acting stronger,” Sydney McFarland, junior, said.
The crew department also emphasizes how important it is to make friendships among their peers while they work hard creating the gorgeous sets for “Mamma Mia!”.
“My favorite part about being in the crew is the community that forms, we all have fun building together and being creative and sharing ideas. It’s a very team-based activity, and I love it,” Zigmant said.
It is evident that the cast and crew value their relationships in theater, after all, they do see each other after school regularly in order to prepare for the big night.
“My favorite scene to act is scene 3 of Act 1, partially because I get to act with my brother,” TJ Countryman, senior, said.“I think we have a great culture in the theater department.”
“It’s a lot of fun, hanging out with them [cast members], while also doing something productive,” Mitch Countryman, sophomore, said.
The cast works hard to put on the production of the musical and everyone has their role they play to make sure everything goes as planned.
“You get lost in the characters, you get lost in the songs, and you get lost in the spectacle of the show,” Rancatore said.