Madrigals to open next weekend

Jon+Gilson%2C+junior%2C+and+Alex+Vazquez%2C+sophomore%2C+practice+for+the+Madrigals+performance+this+December.+

Luis Gonzalez

Jon Gilson, junior, and Alex Vazquez, sophomore, practice for the Madrigals performance this December.

Luis Gonzalez, Editor in Chief

Lights, camera, dinner? Madrigals is a unique show that features live performance such as singing and dancing; all while the audiences dine on a full course meal without utensils. Madrigals brings a whole new experience to the table; however, it takes weeks of preparation, dedication, and perspiration to piece the final project together.

“They work very hard to put this production together,” Alanna Frederiksen, director, said.

“There are many rehearsals that go into preparing a successful show, many that run late at night. It can become very tiring, but in the end it is all worth it,” senior Amanda Pfoser said.

To add to the difficulty performers go through, they also have to think on their feet. This improvising is what sets this show apart from traditional school performances.

“It has a lot of improv and on-the-spot thinking,” senior Kara Fisher said. Despite the hardships, the performers work to put on the perfect show. Many auditioned to make great memories with their fellow drama peers.

“I’ve always wanted to be a part of this ensemble, and it’s a great way to make high school memories,” Fisher said. Others auditioned to be part of something special.

“I saw them preform my freshman year and immediately knew I wanted to be a part of that group, because they were so talented and it looked like a lot of fun,” senior Onnie Jonas said. This special ensemble will leave a long lasting mark on their lives.

“[My favorite memory] is all the people in the group. Everyone is so talented, wonderful, smart, and each has a unique charisma that I enjoy,” junior Abby Yowell said.

Likewise, madrigals actually gives special meaning to each of the cast members.

“Last year I was the only freshman girl in the singing ensemble. Plus I also got a lead role for the acting portion,” sophomore Katherine Hahn-Boisvert said. “This show is always amazing, and I’m so happy I get to do this.”

Senior Tyler Kauffman is grateful to have a wonderful director to piece madrigals together, and he looks forward to leaving something behind for future shows.

“[Madrigals has special meaning to me by] getting the ability to work and learn drama from an insanely talented director and to be able to graduate and leave my own legacy behind for future Madrigals,” Kauffman said.

The cast invites everyone to come see their hard work; the show comes out on Dec. 12 and 13 at 5 p.m.