Poll

Best New York Times game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

What should teachers do to combat public displays of affection in the hallways?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Hot cocoa fundraiser supports children

Wildcat Care Club will hold their annual Hot Cocoa Fundraiser to support Lurie Children’s Hospital from Dec 13-15 during lunch periods.

“The idea for the hot cocoa fundraiser came from club members a couple of years ago to assist us in raising for our main goal to the hospital,” Charlotte Kics, adviser, said. The club aspires to reach a goal of raising $1,000 each year, with the hot cocoa fundraiser raising about $200-$300, according to Kics.

All money raised will be donated for a cause that many involved in the club hold close to their hearts.

“Lurie’s is an important cause to me because Lurie’s is helpful to so many people and it’s really gratifying to be able to help in some way,” Reagan McIntrye, junior and district ambassador of Wildcat Care Club said.

“I did have a family friend whose son had pediatric cancer, so it’s a cause that has been close to my heart,” Kics said. Kics, along with members of the club believe the cause supported is a major factor in the participation they receive each year.

“I believe everyone is really supportive because almost everyone knows of a kid who has gone through the hospital. It is easy to help once you know you are supporting a good cause,” Michaela Bathan, senior and secretary of Wildcat Care Club, said.

The fundraiser itself is a fun opportunity for members of Care Club to interact with their classmates. The members make the hot chocolate and take orders themselves. Learning from last year, members look to make this year’s fundraiser more efficient and better tasting.

President of the Club, senior Reese Boekeloo, participated last year. She encourages everybody to participate while assuring that every material will be ordered on time this year.

“I would do different supplies because I don’t like how it’s watered down, so we could use milk instead,” vice president, junior Laylah Jackson said.

The Care Club is excited to support a good cause while giving students the opportunity to help as well.

“Our hot cocoa fundraiser is our biggest fundraiser of the year, so if you are able please contribute!” McIntrye said.