Poll

This poll has ended.

Best New York Times game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

What should teachers do to combat public displays of affection in the hallways?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

‘The Nun II’ exceeds fan expectations

“The Nun II” is a dark gothic horror movie directed by Michael Chaves, that hit the theaters on Sep8. as is a sequel to the first movie released five years ago,“The Nun”.
    The plot focuses on the spread of killings throughout France. A priest is violently murdered and Sister Irene(Taissa Farmiga) is sent to investigate this tragedy, where she comes face to face with the demon nun once again to fight it off with Sister Debra(Stormi Reid).
    The demon nun is a creepy looking villainous character also known as Valek. The nun first made an appearance in ‘The Conjuring 2’, after which the character was then given their own movie to focus on their origins.
    Reid’s acting, truly surprised me. Reid usually leans away from horror movies, but she truly expressed the fear of Valek perfectly and played her character well. If I did not know the actor, I would assume she always takes on roles in horror movies.
    Farmiga frequently acts in horror movies, and also has a sister, Vera Farmiga, who is a part of the Conjuring Universe.
    There is a sense of nostalgia in the movie as previous characters return such as Sister Irene, and Maurice, the farmer who saved Sister Irene’s life in the first movie. There are a lot of locations jumping around; however, Chaves has improved in directing movies as his previous movie ‘The Curse of La Llorona’ was not so popular and received a lot of backlash.
    This franchise, the Conjuring Universe, seems to exceed fan’s expectations of jump scares; it is an improvement from the first movie due to the effects.
    I recommend this movie for anyone interested in paranormal movies, such as ‘The Excorcist’,‘The Conjuring’, and ‘Poltergeist’ Overall, I give ‘The Nun II’ 4 out of 5 stars.