Poll

Best New York Times game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

What is your favorite Halloween monster?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Uptown Bar and Grill a must to visit

For the second edition of Tastes with Tyler, I went to Uptown Bar and Grill on Lockport Street. Being a Saturday night the restaurant was busy, but the service was still quick and friendly. The wait time was exceptional and the waitress continually made sure everything was taken care of.
The appetizers came out first; the cheese curds were tasty while the fried pickles disappointed.
The curds were light and fluffy with a strong cheesy taste, they were the best item that I tried during my visit. On the other hand the fried pickles were very bland and were carried by the spicy ranch sauce they were served with.
For my entrée I had a fried chicken sandwich that came with a side of onion rings and ranch.
The chicken sandwich was hands down one of the best I have ever had and was the best item off the menu when I went. The bun was light and fluffy, the lettuce and pickles added a fresh touch, and the chicken was juicy and wasn’t too thick of a piece. The American cheese on the chicken was a little strange at first, but after a couple of bites I felt it was a great addition to the sandwich.
The onion rings were small but flavorful. The breading had a little sweetness which was different but was pleasant. The onion rings were a strong compliment to the chicken sandwich. Other options as side were present like fries and coleslaw. I believe that any entrée will match with any side and everyone will have a combination that they will enjoy.
Overall Uptown performed well. The overall experience was delightful and the environment was lively. I would definitely recommend Uptown to anyone who likes classic American bar food. I would eat here again for sure. The menu has enough variety for anyone to enjoy a meal there. The service was efficient and kind even though the restaurant was busy. The main downside was the fried pickles but the other food made up for them. Not everything was perfect but there were very few downsides to my experience. I rate Uptown 4.5 stars out of 5.

View Comments (1)