Madrigals sets up for annual performance

Taylor Timm, Staff Writer

The annual Madrigals performance will be held in the auditorium on December 16 and 17, and both concerts will be at 6:30 pm. Admission will be free since the dinner show format is not returning.

They meet once a week and there are two groups in Madrigals. The Madrigal Ladies are a mix of freshmen through seniors, while the Madrigal singers are a mix of sophomores through seniors.

“Madrigals is like Medieval Times meets choir music,” Director Nathan Rancatore said. 

Madrigals is a singing performance in the renaissance period, where the performers dress up in renaissance clothing. The Madrigals team has a lot ahead of themselves before the shows begin, though.

“We’ve missed a lot of practices due to conflicts and absences, especially with the play, so we’re nervous. But we’ve got lots of talented people in our group,” Junior Layla Forrest said.

Madrigals are a great way to lift holiday spirits.

“I personally love Christmas and in Madrigals, we sing beautiful pieces of music, but also some classic holiday songs like 12 days and silent night,” Freshman Mitchell Countryman said. 

“I also love the music- it’s so fun to learn and practice. I’m excited about our first performances,” Forrest said.

The auditorium is decorated in the holiday spirit for the performance with banners, garlands, and ribbons.

“We want to see more of the student body come out and see this performance,” Rancatore said.