Softball showcases student music

Will Snydersmith, Staff Writer

The softball team invited the students of the music production class to submit music they’ve created to be played at future softball games.
“Softball games are a way to involve school spirit,” Coach Kaeytlyn Welsh said.
The music from the class debuted between innings at the teacher appreciation game when the wildcats faced Oswego East on April 28.
“The plan is to announce the student who produced the music, followed by the music that is getting played,” Welsh said. She wants to celebrate the music production students’ hard work and effort as well.
“I think it would be really cool if the music production students created music for our games because it’s original music made by our own family,” Tricia Hogrefe, sophomore varsity player, said.
A few players have heard the songs made by the students prior to the collaboration. “During the hallways, they would be playing some of the songs,” Kaia Garnicia, softball manager said.
“I think it’s exciting and a good opportunity for the production class to get their music out there in as many ways as possible,” Garnicia said. Music also helps Hogrefe get loose between innings.
“Upbeat music and music with beat drops helps me get energized,” Hogrefe said.
Vanderwall is one of the main people to help make this opportunity come to life by teaching the students how to produce music.
“I think it’s cool that the softball team plays music in between innings and the students have the opportunity to be a part of that,” Vanderwall said.