Clue clouds stage with mystery

Paige Gieseke

Taylor Aguirre, Staff Writer

The drama club tackles Clue, based off the movie and board game, centering around a murder mystery. Shows run Nov. 15 -17 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 18 at 2 p.m.
Six individuals being blackmailed are invited to a mansion for a dinner party where they are met with more twists and turns throughout the night.
“Murders start happening, and they have to figure out who’s doing it,” senior Suzanna Russel said.
Unlike most productions recently put on, Clue, appeales to an older audience.
“It’s something we’ve never really done before,” sophomore, Sydney Lambert, the cop, said. “It’s more mature and more our age.”
The script is not very common and according to Tatiana Hernandez senoir, stage manager, the script alone was a chunk of the drama department’s funds, an additional expense to sets and costumes. Both cast and crew are excited to bring it to life.
“It’s a challenging script,” Cathy Robinson, drama director, said. “I’m anxious to see how they deal with it. This is one of the hardest shows we’ve ever done.”
A handful of different rooms were built with varying set changes. Scenes are active, and timing is tricky; both cast and crew must be at the right place at the right time.
“It’s just difficult to get the timing right, otherwise whole jokes are ruined,” Robinson said.
All members of the department show each other mutual respect, and when it comes to helping each other, there’s no hesitation.
“Everyone has to work way harder together now because there’s a lot of things going at the same time,” Hernandez said.
As the show dates get closer and closer, the cast and crew are anxious to take their spots both off and on stage. This year the cast is doubled, and each cast performs two shows. Crew is taking all four shows head on.
“I look forward to being with both casts,” Russel said. “I love the people I’m acting with, but I also love the other cast.”
Clue is altogether a lot more involved than previous plays, when it comes to the script, the set, and movement. The department has taken extra steps for this year’s production to make it stand out. Every member is involved with putting on a show.
“My favorite part about the play is when all the pieces, both cast and crew, come together and bring the show to life,” senior, Anna Rowzee, crew member, said.