Aux Cord Aproved

Brady Jones, Staff Writer

Songwriter, engineer, producer, master, mixer, and rapper Russell Vitale (better known as Russ) added to his long list of credentials his debut album There’s Really A Wolf.
The album takes the listener on a journey through 20 songs, all written by Russ himself. His flow and lyrics are not comparable to anyone that is making a name in the game, or as he puts it, he is a “shepherd not a sheep.”
He truly is “doing it himself” as he tells in one of his songs. Each song tells its own story; some could make listeners journey through their feelings while others could make listeners hype for the moment. “Cherry Hill”, “Ride Slow” and ‘“Don’t Lie”, are just a few songs that could make the audience dwell on thoughts of a past love interest.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, songs like “The Stakeout”, “Do It Myself”, and “What They Want’” evokes the listener to drop their current lifestyle for the lifestyle he so vividly paints a picture of: the fame, money, and women. Most songs do relate to his own life about the added pressures of fame, the trail of broken hearts he has left behind, and his undeniable love for his mother. Though this is not his only collection of songs, it is his first studio album.
He is just getting started in this Hip Hop/Rap game, as he lets everyone know with the first track ‘I’m Here’. Based on his tone in this album alone, expect bigger and better things from Russ; he knows he is just “scratching the surface of his potential”.
He is only 24 years old, so there is still plenty of time left for him to establish himself as one of the best in the game. There’s Really A Wolf is a small sample size of what is next for Russ, and his future projects will move him further and further up the ladder. This album should earn a 4 out of 5 on a non-biased list.