Poll

This poll has ended.

Whos ready for summer?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Polls

If you don't like a gift, is it ok to re-gift it?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Retiring staff say goodbye

Math teacher Constance Billerman and athletic director Mark Krusz are retiring this year after many years at Plainfield. Krusz has worked in this district for nineteen years, and worked in education for a total of 25 years, including coaching in college for eight years. Billerman spent her entire 20 year teaching career here.

“I’m going to spend time with my family,” Krusz said, “I’m going to take a year to see what it’s like and do some traveling.”

Krusz has considered going back to work during retirement, as well as other options. Billerman doesn’t know what she will do in retirement, but jokes with her students that she will “spike her hair and join a rock band.”

Billerman will miss working. She stayed in teaching for longer than any other career. She first started working as a waitress in high school 49 years ago. She worked through college in various jobs and worked in the technology field for many years before going into teaching.

“I love the math, I love the intellectual stimulation of the math, I love getting up every day,” Billerman said.

Krusz has been in teaching and for many years, never changing careers. He enjoys this job very much.

“I’ve seen so many different areas of growth in this school,” Krusz said, “I’m busy every day.”

Krusz will miss working here after seeing all the changes in 19 years and growing close with families. He began work in Millikin University as an admissions counselor and a women’s basketball and track and field coach 33 years ago.

“He’s very level headed when it comes to our crazy schedules for athletics,” athletic office secretary Darlene Castillo said.

Castillo will miss working with Krusz after eight years. Billerman’s students will also miss her.

“She helped me understand a bunch of these complex concepts,” Mathew Appari, junior Algebra 2 Honors student said. “I’m pretty sad that other people won’t have the opportunity to meet her.”

Billerman will be missed by coworkers as well.

“Popping in in the morning and talking to her [Billerman] is always a great start to my day,” Department Chair Brittany Zettergren said.