Modern day hippies on the rise

Gavin Henson, Opinion Editor

The style of the modern day hippie has been on the rise for the past few years. People always have their own way of style, but the modern day hippie has done nothing but grow. When the modern day hippie comes to mind, there are many different types of patterns and clothes that come to mind. 

One of the big things that has came back into style with the modern day hippy is Flared jeans. Flared jeans were huge from the 1960’s all the way to the 1990’s. Recently, these jeans have started making a comeback into the modern style. People will typically wear these with a simple t-shirt or button up shirt. “ The flared jeans aren’t my favorite, but it is something I will wear every now and then.” senior Olivia Hagerman said.

Another one of the more popular things that students have been bringing back into trend is artist t-shirts. There are the people who wear the shirts that actually support the artist, or there are the people that wear the shirts because they look cool and see other people wearing them. For example, the people that wear Metallica shirts that don’t listen or even know who they are. “ I don’t own many artist shirts, but the ones I do have are artists that I listen to too.” senior Aidan Curry said.

The biggest thing that has come back into style that defines the modern day hippy is Dr. Marten boots. These things have been on so many people’s feet everyday. This has been more popular with ladies, but gentlemen tend to wear these too. The most popular ones that are worn are the white and black ones.  Dr. Martens have been coming back for the past 2 years. 

The modern day hippies are truly on the rise. These trends have been rising for the past few years. Modern day hippies show that they don’t care about what other people think, and are not gonna let anything stop them.