Club news

Homecoming Dress Up Days

Spirit Week 9/27-10/1
Monday – Pajama Day
Tuesday – Neon Day
Wednesday – Class Color Day
Thursday – Hawaiian Day
Friday – Green & White

Class Colors (for color day):
Freshman: Purple
Sophomores: Blue
Juniors: Orange
Seniors: Yellow

CLUB NEWS

Art Club
Anyone is welcome to join Art Club! We have meetings on Oct 7 as well as every other Thursday after school in A109 (Mrs. Gainer’s room.) We are going to be working on t-shirt designs for our club as well as dying masks next week! See you there!

Spanish Club
Anyone who wants to learn about Latino & Spanish cultures can join us for hanging decorations for Game Day on Sept 30, as well as the Pulsera Project , where we will be selling bracelets for $5 to support Nicaragua. This will be happening during lunch hours from now to Oct 8!

Speech Team
Veterans will meet on Oct 5! new members can join us on Oct 11! All grade levels are invited.

Black Student Union
Join us for our first meeting on Sept. 29 here at PCHS and for our homecoming display and the parade! We are also planning to have our Annual Poetry Slam in February 2022! See you there!

Wildcat Care Club
We will be building a Homecoming Float! See Ms. Jeffrey for more information!

French Club
Join us while we walk a walk in the homecoming parade and meet on September 28th for a tye dye event in C-116! Anyone can join, and Karolina Gornikowski, Arya Sarma, Karolina Imbrasaite and Katelynn Gazda are the 4 main “officers”. Can’t wait to see you there!

Math Team
Anyone who enjoys challenging math problems and wants to compete either individually or in team events can join! We practice one day a week (Day not set as of yet) and we compete in December, January, February, March and in the State competition in May! Our club is held in the Freshman center in Room J433! Competitions will be held at West Aurora HS, Lemont HS, JJC and U.O.I.!

Armed Forces Team
Any student interested in the military can join us through Mid October for military personnel coming to speak to you about the military! Specific dates will be announced!

Key Club
Join us for monthly meetings, trick or treating for UNICEF, locker tags and painting windows for Homecoming! Dates are Oct 3, Oct 13, Nov 10 and Dec 8! Meetings take place in K420, and activities are usually filmed in the lunch room.

Bio Explorations Club
Join us and other club member for Observatory Night as well as camping out and stargazing on Sept 25! Members should bring your tent, sleeping bag and your own food. It begins at 5p.m. Saturday and ends at 10am that Sunday! It takes place at the PHS Observatory next to the football field. We meet in the cafeteria or in room H256. We will also be selling cooling/rally towels for $3! See you there!

Student Council
Join us for for several events in September and October, including a Pep Rally (Hosted at PCHS) , Homecoming (PCHS), ‘Vintage Hollywood’ (PCHS) and a Fundrasier! We are open to all grades and love new members!

Fundraiser – Juice Huts, Downtown Plainfield
Pep Rally – PCHS

American Sign Language Club
Anyone interested in ASL or Deaf Culture can join us for ASL Club! We meet on the 2nd & 4th
Wednesday of the month. This year we will be participating in the Homecoming parade and will be having a design contest for it on t-shirts based on the theme “Coming Together!”
We meet from 2:20-2:50 p.m. in Room K420. See you there!

Esports Team
Anyone interested in competing in state titles for 7 games – Rocket League, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, Valorant, Fortnite, LOL and NBA2K? Join us! Every game has a season, much like a regular sports season. The Fall season will begin with Rocket League and Overwatch, and will take place online in the comfort of your own home during the season. Championships are in person! Anyone interested can contact [email protected]. Game on!

Scholastic Bowl
Freshman and Seniors who enjoy trivia should join us for Scholastic Bowl! Practices are Thursdays after school. We have a informational meeting on Thursday, Sept 30 at 2:20p.m. in room C220 for new and returning members! See you there!

Book Club
Join us for bi-weekly meetings, where we will converge and discuss current literature and trends! We will meet on the Oct 16 at 2:10 p.m. in the media center! Can’t wait to see you there!

History Through Film
We meet in in Mrs. Kolenos room, B229 at 2:20 p.m. We will watch a movie a month and discuss the historical accuracies of Hollywood films!

Chess Club
All students are available for Chess Club starting in October in Room G248! Dates will be announced! See you there!

German Club
All students are available for German Club on Tuesdays in Room C140 at 2:20p.m.! Dates will be announced! See you there!