Club information

Club+information

Art Club- 

We are meeting virtually to discuss and work on art journals. The meeting time has changed to be right after school at 11:30 a.m. The next meeting will be next Thursday, Feb. 4!

Please contact Mrs. Gainer with any questions.

BeYOU-ty Project

What is beYOU-ty?

The be-YOU-ty project was started at Plainfield North in 2013 as a student-led event to “redefine beauty.”  It is an all-female retreat, led by students.   Teachers and social workers will be there to supervise and assist when needed.  It is being held at Plainfield Central on April 25, 2021!  The program is designed to encourage self-worth and self-acceptance.  We feel that these issues are prevalent in modern society and especially in our school.  To combat this, we want to hold an event that promotes what we feel true beauty is: being yourself.  We want people to accept themselves for who they are, rather than what society tells them to be.   Save the date: April 24, 10am-4pm!

If you are interested, the cost of the event is $10, which includes a T-shirt and lunch.   You would be responsible for transportation to school. Please see Mrs. Florence (H168)  or Mrs. Capshaw (K422) for more information.   We hope to make this event a success, so please contact one of us as soon as possible.

Book club-

Welcome for anyone to join.

Book Club is starting a reading log this month.  In February we will also be hosting a virtual “speed dating “event where students “date” a variety of books and select one or more books to check out at the end. Feb. 11 is our tentative date.  

Virtually, a sign up will be sent out to students and posted on the website.  

Please contact Mrs. Marcum with any questions.

Math Team-

With the recent schedule change, we have moved our practice up to 12 p.m. on Fridays instead of 1:30 p.m.

On Feb. 3 we have our 2nd competition, the Lemont Math Contest.

Students are still welcome to join the Math Team even in mid-season if they decide they are interested.

Please contact Mr. Nissley with any questions.

Speech team-

All members who are registered, practice meets every day after school. The IHSA tournament will be held virtually on Feb. 6.

Please contact Mrs. Kukuk with any questions.

Bio Explorations Club-

Bio Exploration club members.

The Starved Rock trip has been canceled. Activity based on Raptors and their courtship habits in addition to a general meeting.

-Feb 9. – Raptors and their courtship habits -Feb. 23 – General meeting

Please contact Ms. Pohlman with any questions.

FCA Club-

We currently have 20 students in the club, joining in fellowship and scripture study discussions.  All are welcome, to join our google classroom to get all the most updated information. We also have a Twitter @PCHSFCA1. We are currently meeting two nights a month on Thursday evening via zoom, but are looking to meet in person when we are cleared to do so.

Please contact Mr. Miller with any questions at [email protected]

French Club

Students interested in French culture and fun

making crepes together, costume contest, Mardi Gras fun

: Two meetings in February:

February 4 -crepe day where we will cook and flip crepes in honor of la Chandaleur

February 18 -Madri gras celebration.  We will hold a virtual costume contest and learn a Louisiana square dance, listen to zydeco music and possibly paint/play games too!

Meet Virtually on the zoom link provided by [email protected]

The link is also found in the French club Google classroom

Wildcat Care Club-

Anyone that would like to join the Wildcat Care Club!

Meeting! (sorry, we haven’t had any fundraisers or anything recently)

February 10th at 12:00 PM

On zoom! Anyone can join our Band to get the zoom link 🙂

https://band.us/n/afa849M0oct8h

Please contact Mrs. Jeffrey with any questions.

National honors society- 

Our members have been volunteering nonstop. Our top events members are attending right now are volunteering at the Northern Illinois food bank and making posters and writing teachers for terrific teachers.

Please contact Mrs. walker or Mrs. Flemming with any questions

Spanish club-  

Spanish club will meet February 18th on zoom.

Please contact Mrs. Cole with any questions.