WinterFest offers dancing, games

Micha'la Hood and Armani Moten, Staff Writers

Photo booth, music, friends, and FUN – All that and more will be included at Winterfest!

The dance will be held on March 10, from 7-10 p.m. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. in the main gym.

Many students enjoyed it last year and recommend new students to come out for this great experience.

“The music was great. Also, the inflatables were fun”, Matthews Morganfield, junior, said.

The theme this year will be Blackout, which means students can wear anything black, whether it be a formal dress or suit, or casual jeans and a hoodie. The possibilities are endless.

Winterfest has a lot to offer for all people. There will be laser tag, mega chess, Jenga, a dry erase room, free photo booth, and a selfie station, all included in the ticket price. In addition, there will be a pop-up store to purchase Boom Merchandise.

Tickets for the dance will go on sale on March 1 in the main cafeteria during all lunch periods for $20. The price will increase to $25 from March 6-10, and on the night of the event, tickets will be sold at the door for $30.

Anyone who buys a ticket during the first two days of ticket sales are entered to win VIP tickets for the winner plus 4 friends. 20 winners will be picked for the raffle.

On the night of the event, VIP winners will receive special LED wristbands, express entry to the event, and will be allowed to skip all the lines inside of Winterfest.

Winterfest will take the place of the Winter Turnabout Dance that would typically be held during this time of the school year.

Any student who would like to perform on stage at Winterfest can fill out an application online. Applications are open to aspiring DJ’s, rappers, musicians, singers, and dancers.

All students are welcome to attend for a great time.

“People should come out to Winterfest this year to have a fun time!” said sophomore Alison Capps.